[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Jeff Pang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On Dec 3, 2007 10:12 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
  use strict;
  use warnings;
  my @ar = ();

  for(@ar){
     print "$_\n";
  }

But running that script just does nothing but gleefully print a
newline.

mhh? It won't print a newline, it even won't print anything.
b/c @ar is empty,  for(...) doesn't go into it, 'print' won't be happened.

Yeah your right... (what was I thinking...) but my point was that it
seems perl  should say something about this.  It seams at least as
significant as trying to use an undeclared var.

I would say it was more like

  $total = $total + $value;

when $value was zero. Would you expect a warning then?

Rob