Hi Tom.

> Well, "works fine" is good for so long as it lasts. Still, I wonder:
> How do you know your Perl programs do what they should, when you know
> your perl binary doesn't do what it should? Could the test that failed
> have been trying to do the same thing that you're having trouble
> doing?

Well, if i compile on fedora 4 it works.. i mean: parent process when
receive a sigterm kills child processes. On fedora 6 not. Sorry if i
call it wrong

Here i have your tests results:

---- For perl 5.10.0 ----------------------------------
This is the output of test:
These seem to be usable signals: SIGTERM SIGZERO SIGWINCH SIGCHLD
SIGUSR1 SIGSEGV SIGSTOP INT HUP ZERO QUIT 42 7 -9 3.14159 2001 90210

These are bad signals: SIGMUNDFREUD SIGCHILD SIGNAGE SIG HALT sigterm hup

Perl version: 5.010000
Config's list of signals: ZERO HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP ABRT BUS FPE KILL
USR1 SEGV USR2 PIPE ALRM TERM STKFLT CHLD CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU URG
XCPU XFSZ VTALRM PROF WINCH IO PWR SYS NUM32 NUM33 RTMIN NUM35 NUM36
NUM37 NUM38 NUM39 NUM40 NUM41 NUM42 NUM43 NUM44 NUM45 NUM46 NUM47
NUM48 NUM49 NUM50 NUM51 NUM52 NUM53 NUM54 NUM55 NUM56 NUM57 NUM58
NUM59 NUM60 NUM61 NUM62 NUM63 RTMAX IOT CLD POLL UNUSED

-----------------For perl 5.8.8  --------------------------------------
These seem to be usable signals: SIGTERM SIGZERO SIGWINCH SIGCHLD
SIGUSR1 SIGSEGV SIGSTOP INT HUP ZERO QUIT 42 7 -9 3.14159 2001 90210

These are bad signals: SIGMUNDFREUD SIGCHILD SIGNAGE SIG HALT sigterm hup

Perl version: 5.008008
Config's list of signals: ZERO HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP ABRT BUS FPE KILL
USR1 SEGV USR2 PIPE ALRM TERM STKFLT CHLD CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU URG
XCPU XFSZ VTALRM PROF WINCH IO PWR SYS NUM32 NUM33 RTMIN NUM35 NUM36
NUM37 NUM38 NUM39 NUM40 NUM41 NUM42 NUM43 NUM44 NUM45 NUM46 NUM47
NUM48 NUM49 NUM50 NUM51 NUM52 NUM53 NUM54 NUM55 NUM56 NUM57 NUM58
NUM59 NUM60 NUM61 NUM62 NUM63 RTMAX IOT CLD POLL UNUSED

That's my code:

  $self->{log}->info("Sending SIGTERM a $pid");
  kill '-15' => $pid;
  $cont = $self->{kill};
  do {
      sleep 1;
      $ret = waitpid( $pid, &POSIX::WNOHANG );
      #$self->{log}->verbose("waitpid $cont ret=$ret");
      $cont --;
  } until ( ($ret == -1) || (! $cont) );

Thanks!!!