-----Original Message-----
From: Octavian Rasnita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 2:43 PM
To: Bob McConnell; beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: FTP server

From: "Bob McConnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I would recommend sftp instead, unless all of your traffic will be
contained on a local network. What distribution are you using? Many come
with a server that just needs to be enabled.

Bob McConnell

I use Fedora. Does its FTP server offer the asked features?
(the possibility of configuring it at runtime, creating users, setting
permissions...)

Where can I read more about that FTP server? (how to enable it,
eventually
install it, configure it...)

Thanks.

Octavian

Looking at a live FC5 system, it has an SFTP server available. You have
to enable it by removing the comment tags in /etc/service.

Bob McConnell