Octavian Rasnita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
> Can anyone recommend a good FTP server for Linux?
> I want to be able to create/delete users dynamicly from a
> perl program, assign permissions dynamicly, and it would be
> good (although not absolutely
> necessary) to have SSL support.

I'm not sure what you mean by "assigning permissions dynamically"
but proftpd supports authentitcation via a MySQL/Postgres database
aswell as dynamic configuration changes via mod_ctrls - see
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Controls.html

If you need more flexibility, maybe NcFTPd is for you. It's not
open source, but it has a pretty cool feature set including a
SDK with sample Perl implementations of an authentication and
event handling daemon. If you're interested, do check out the
sections on authd and eventd at http://www.ncftp.org/ncftpd/doc/

HTH,
Thomas