> William wrote:
> > Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> >> You should have read the Install file before installing the new
> >> version. All your questions are answered there; see in particular
> >>
> http://search.cpan.org/~rgarcia/perl-5.10.0/INSTALL#Coexistence_with_earlier_versions_of_perl_5
> >>
> >> You may now want to recompile perl to get the @INC you want.
> >
> > Thanks, I have read more than half of it, but I am just too haste
> > especially for slow reader, lol. I have reinstalled all the modules
> > of old perl into new perl. Maybe it's better, in case I would need
> > the perl 5.8.8 again.
>
> In any case it's not better for that reason. Sharing pure Perl modules
> by including those directories in the @INC of the new version would not
> have affected the way the old Perl version works.

I would love to share the modules between these two versions too, but when I
try this "use Carp; use lib '/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8';" in perl-5.10 , I got
the error below. The errors are so scary, maybe still better I reinstall all.
Even when I reinstalled all I still getting few errors until I use 'recompile'
in CPAN command.

/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Storable/Storable.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Storable/Storable.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Storable/Storable.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Storable/Storable.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Storable/Storable.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Thanks.