On Jul 15, 11:11 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Dixon) wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > On Jul 15, 12:32 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Dixon) wrote:
>
> >> How is this Perl programming being run? It looks like it's a CGI program or
> >> being run from a scheduler, in which case the process doesn't belong to any
> >> individual user.
>
> >> What are you trying to achieve by establishing the user name?
>
> > Maybe there is another way of doing this, the purpose I try to achieve
> > is when windows users logon to their windows with user name and
> > password, then they able to access my perl program. This mean that a
> > list of authorized windows user name is store in database, so if the
> > windows user name match with the user name in database, then my perl
> > cgi program will auto login the user.
>
> > Really hope you can help me on this.
>
> You need to explain how your program is run. If you execute this command line
>
>   perl -e "print $ENV{USERNAME}"
>
> then your username will be printed. What were you doing to get it to print
> 'SYSTEM'? And how will your users run it?
>
> Rob- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rob,

Yes when I enter perl -e "print $ENV{USERNAME}" at command prompt it
show windows logon name.

But when I try to print out at web browser, it show null.

My perl cgi program is a web application, the script is run through a
web browser. So can I retrieve the windows user name thru a perl cgi
web script?

Thanks