On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 17:25 -0500, Perry Smith wrote:
> I would first verify that you can do what you need to do with one
> individual directory from the shell.  i.e. make sure you can chown,
> chgrp, and chmod -- what ever other commands you are needing to do.

On many *NIX systems, commands like chown and chgrp are restricted so
that you cannot steal quotas.  Only sudo users can run them.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

"Where there's duct tape, there's hope."
        Cross Time Cafe

"Perl is the duct tape of the Internet."
        Hassan Schroeder, Sun's first webmaster