Hi Jyotishmaan,

Jyotishmaan Ray wrote:
Give some pointers as such to sort out this problem in my cluster servers
(fedora-linux) ?

As a suggestion, it sounds to me that your problem is not related to Perl and perhaps you're asking the wrong mailing list. All Perl can do for you is take in a list of student ids and create a directory for each student without you having to do all the typing. If you are having problems creating a *single* directory, then that isn't anything that Perl can do. Only when you can do the task once (i.e., for one user) manually, can Perl come into play and "automate" your work.

Some pointers for what you should do is to contact the system administrator of your cluster servers and work through the problem together. None of the commands that you need to issue/learn are Perl-related. Of course, if you are the system administrator, then you should get a book on doing system administration on first a single server, and then on a cluster of servers.

Good luck, and sorry, I don't have any book suggestions. Whatever's at your level should be fine.

Ray