On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 07:33, Manasi Bopardikar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
> in the above code I get the max row count of my sheet by reading it using
> the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook module of cpan.
>
> then I want to open the same tablle2sheet.xls for writing.but currently I am
> not able to find any module which allows me to do that.
snip

I don't believe there is a module that allows arbitrary editing of an
Excel spreadsheet (but I have not done an exhaustive search of CPAN
for one in a while).  Spreadsheet::ParseExcel allows you to read an
existing file and Spreadsheet::WriteExcel allows you yo write a new
file.  The only way I know of to create the illusion of an arbitrary
edit is to use both together to copy the data from the old file to a
new file making changes as needed, unlink'ing the old file, and
rename'ing the new file to the old file's name.

Well, that isn't 100% true; if you are on a Windows machine that has
Excel installed you can use Win32::OLE to make Excel make your changes
for you.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net