Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner and having some issues with a Perl Script I had written
for work.

I am trying to print to a network label printer.  I've verified that the
printer is working on its own.

But when I try to print to it using Perl nothing happens.

Here is a copy of my code.  I get the message "The label was printed
successfully" in my log but nothing ever printed.

return 1;

sub PRINT_LABEL

{

                my $port = "9100";

                my $printer1 = "\\10.10.10.10\Zebra LP2824";

                my $directory = "D:/TEST/TDS/EdPtLabels";

                opendir(DIRECTORY, $directory) || die "Couldn't Open the
Directory!";

                open(OUTPUT_PRINTER, "> $printer1\$port") || die "Unable
to open the printer!";

                print LOG_FILE
"\n--------------------------------------------------------------\n";

                print LOG_FILE "The label was printed successfully\n";

                print LOG_FILE
"\n--------------------------------------------------------------\n";

                closedir (DIRECTORY);

                close (OUTPUT_PRINTER);

}

Thanks,

Recelyn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any files attached may
contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for
the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email
including all attachments without reading them. If you are the intended
recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to all applicable
state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of
such information.