From: Wagner, David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- CFS
[mailto:david.wag...@fedex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:48 PM
To: Aglipay, Recelyn; beginners@perl.org
Subject: RE: Network Printing using a Perl Script

 -----Original Message-----

        With double quotes, you are not getting waht you think. When
slashes(\) and double quotes are involved, then need to double the
slashes or use single quotes.

>                 my $directory = "D:/TEST/TDS/EdPtLabels";
>

>                 opendir(DIRECTORY, $directory) || die
> "Couldn't Open the
> Directory!";
>
>                 open(OUTPUT_PRINTER, "> $printer1\$port") ||
        Again the double quotes and the \ are not doing what yiou think.

> die "Unable
> to open the printer!";

        Either you have code missing or you think something is happening
by the opendi. At this point, you have an open directory and attempted
open output, but no where do I see you doing the printing of the
file(s).

        Is there code missing or is this it?
         If you have any questions and/or problems, please let me know.
         Thanks.

Wags ;)
David R. Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst
FedEx Freight
1.719.484.2097 TEL
1.719.484.2419 FAX
1.408.623.5963 Cell
http://fedex.com/us

>                 print LOG_FILE
> "\n--------------------------------------------------------------\n";
>
>                 print LOG_FILE "The label was printed successfully\n";
>
>                 print LOG_FILE
> "\n--------------------------------------------------------------\n";
>

>                 closedir (DIRECTORY);
>
>                 close (OUTPUT_PRINTER);
>

> }

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any files attached may
contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for
the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email
including all attachments without reading them. If you are the intended
recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to all applicable
state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of
such information.