are you using launchpad in ubuntu? I can't type bengali well (ok, not at all!) but I can copy and paste from the alternative suggestion. I should be able to get a lot done with xxx-deprecated-do-not-use- series if i can be a "translator" for it.

Jamil Ahmed wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Runa B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Samia Niamatullah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:02 PM
Subject: [Ankur-gnome-tran] Re: [Ankur-core] Gnome translation update

My next target is to work on following PO files and submit them in a week [hopefully],

gconf        MAK is working.
gnome-applets-locations SDG+RunaB, 2004
gnome-doc-utils
gnome-panel    RunaB, 2004
gnome-system-tools   RunaB, 2004
gnome-utils    RunaB, 2004
totem    RunaB, 2003

All of the files above are from HEAD branch. So updating them will help us on future releases too.

RunaB, can you work on your files or should we start working? Let me know soon. :-)

well.. what can i say but that its quite a co-incidence that i had downloaded the gnome-utils file this morning with the intent of working on it sometime in the afternoon. :)

I would surely get on with the rest of it as well, since the ball has started rolling...

Then you start working on following ones...
gnome-panel    RunaB, 2004
gnome-system-tools   RunaB, 2004
gnome-utils    RunaB, 2004
totem    RunaB, 2003

and I'll assign Mak+Sam on
gconf        MAK is working.
gnome-doc-utils

Then finally we will work on this - thru splitting
gnome-applets-locations SDG+RunaB, 2004

tho there is one thing that I'd like to mention [again]... I am going to use english shortcuts for the gnome files for the very simple reason that as an end-user of the bengali gnome interface i find it very difficult to use the applications with their dysfunctional shortcuts. Thats one of the reasons why i was going to update the gnome-utils file... coz i have using the "file search..." box since morning and needs lotsa changes.

If everyone agree.. then I think we all can start using EN shortcuts - *everywhere*.

jamil, since we are working on the gnome files please do maintain backups of the older files in case the original translators do not respond or prefer not to work on them at present.

I am very bad for keeping backups! Btw, IMO we should always prefer "Last Translator" to re-work. But if s/he can't then others [including original translator] can step ahead. Anyway lets see. :-)

Cheers,
`Jamil

Regards,
Ershad  Shafi  Chowdhury