On 4/28/06, Golam Mortuza Hossain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/28/06, Jamil Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But we are not sticking only with KDE and
> GNOME. What will be for Fedora Core, Mandriva,
> SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, OOo, Mozilla, Gaim etc?
> :-)

I feel and believe that we should follow the same
standard wherever possible. However, in this case
problems seem to be due to the technical reasons.
As pointed out by Runa that in GNOME bn shortcuts
are non-functional. On the other hand Progga is
quite happy with bn shortcuts in KDE.

Progga is also using BN shortcuts in GNOME. IIRC he is using GNOME on FreeBSD.

So if it is GNOME specific problem (surely,
it can be there somewhere else as well) then I
would like to suggest that we should try
to figure what exactly goes wrong with Bengali
shortcuts there? Is it fixable? BTW, I am no GNOME
expert. So my opinion can be pretty naive here.

Currently I have access to a Ubuntu Dapper box. BN shortcuts are
working in GNOME.

Best,
`Jamil