> On 4/24/07, S M Mahbub Murshed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I can help you with that. You can keep one Bangla and the English keyboard
> > in the exact same interface. Users must change language using 'esc'. Also
> > you can add few more layouts and provide radio buttons for selection.
> >
> > Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for your response. I am thinking of something that "Just
works" :-).  There are two forms in E2B dictionary page.  One is
"Look it up".  This form is fine as one needs to type in English to
get meaning of the word.

The second one is for user to "Submit" different Bengali
meaning of the given English word. User is supposed
to type in this form using Unicode. However, as you can guess,
many users are not able to do so. So they just type Bengali word
using English script, mainly in a phonetic way. So I think
it would be good to use Probhat layout.

> Whatever you end up with, it would be very helpful if you try to
> separate reusable parts of it in a javascript library of some sort.

I completely agree with Deepayan.

Ideally, I would prefer to include just one JS file (this code
should load its dependency) in the header of html file.
Something like

<script src="SMMMsOnTheFlyUnicodeTyping.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

In  html body. I will call relevant functions when I need them.
Like, for E2B dictionary user case, I will call one function like

<input  name="bn_new_word" value=""   onkeypress="return
TypeInUnicodeUsingProbhatLayout(event);>

and  for displaying help something like

"onclick="DisplayProbhatLayout()".

Your current help display function looks very good.

To summarize, an user wouldn't realize any difference
from current view except for a little "Display help"
link. However, when one type inside the
"Submit" box it will be in BN Unicode automatically.

Cheers,
Golam