---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: সোহম চ্যাটার্জী <soham.chatter...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox Padma :: Support for almost all Bengali News
Sites (India  + Bangladesh)
To: Golam Mortuza Hossain <gmhoss...@gmail.com>

Dear Golam!

Let me congratulate you at the outset for a great service to all
Bengali speakers. With one stroke a number of significant mile-stones
have been crossed.

I have installed the new version in both Windows and Linux and have
checked out a number of sites and added 10 more sites to the
white-list which can also be transformed by the new version. I have
observed some glitches, which I am sure, have been obvious to you too.

These sites have been added to the white-list -

www.jugantor.com
www.chandpurkantha.com
www.satyeralo.net
www.weeklyamod.com
www.banglapaper.net
www.weeklysonarbangla.com
www.bangladesherkhela.info
www.canvasonline.biz
www.energybangla.com
www.computerbarta.com
www.suprovatbangladesh.com

Some problems that have been observed are -

Samokal -

র্যাবের নিষ্ক্রিয়তা অার পুলিশের শিথিলতার কারণে রাজধানীর অাইন-শৃঙ্খলা
পরিস্্থিতি উদ্্বগেজনক পর্যায়ে পেঁৗছেছে।

The text should be  -

র‌্যাবের নিষ্ক্রিয়তা আর পুলিশের শিথিলতার কারণে রাজধানীর আইন-শৃঙ্খলা
পরিস্থিতি উদ্বেগজনক পর্যায়ে পৌঁছেছে।

The Jugantor site has posed some problems for me. While Padma has
transformed the main page and most of the site text, but when an
article is clicked upon Padma doesnt transform the text neither
automatically nor throught the direct method of selecting text and
clicking Transform to Unicode. This is think is a site-problem rather
than Padma's.

Also on installing in Ubuntu Linux, I have messed up the settings and
auto-transform is not working any more. I have tried uninstalling and
re-installing but the problem persists.

Most of the glitches with other fonts, that I have noticed through a
quick perusal, mostly concern with া, conjuncts with lower ব, ্য, and
ঃ . This only goes to show that an amazing job has been done and I am
honored to enjoy this correspondence with you.

The next mile-stone is the BanglapediaII font of the Banglapedia site,
and maybe the West Bengal Government's Banglarmukh site which uses
some WebSamhita font which I have not managed to install and run in
IE. Only a few sites remain such as Parabaas, Vinnomot, Viswayan,
Medinipur.com, Guruchandali, Prabasi.org, Abasar and Al-Ihsan. But
these sites use separate fonts. I would like to see the new mappings
when the source is available regarding which you had been discussing
with Harshita Vani. I guess it will be much easier to map the fonts
then.

Thanks and best wishes,

Soham