>Just looking for some info on Umbilical hernia's ?? Is this common with
Berners ? What exactly is it ? Does it hurt the pup/dog ?Should they be
removed ?

First, I don't think is more common with Bernese than other dogs but it can
happen and, sure this may well provoke other posts here but, seems to me
more common in dogs birthed by C-Section.

My only experience here has been with my Sunny Girl! Knew she had hernia
when we collected her as pup, no problem, could cuddle her and push back!
When she was spayed at six months was corrected, sort of standard procedure!
Not unusual!

Except my Sunny Girl was the Wriggliest Giggliest Girl ever!

Year later my girl hot footed down to the gate when visitors arrived and
YELPED! Hernia was back and this time was painful! This time was corrected
and permanent stitches put in!

Sunny is now eight and has had no further problems!

So yes, is something fairly common to deal with, can be corrected early but
beware if you have wriggly, giggly pup!

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX