Both Caolan and Neala had Umbilical Hernias. Caolan's was big, never caused
trouble, but had it removed when he was neutered.
Neala's was smaller than Caolan's but hers grew hart suddenly. Of course
found out on a Saturday morning. Brought her in and an operation was
scheduled for Monday. Not sure what all is in this area, but by her things
were bruised and the operation was done just in time. I know there was more
than fat tissue involved.

It is fairly common to have hernia's, even if the mom does not chew the
umbilical cord. Wouldn't panic, but please check it daily to make sure all
is well.

Sylvia Katvala with Neala (I like laying on my back)
Tucson, AZ