I am  a new "mom" to a Berner pup now 11 weeks old. and aprox. 20 lbs. I
have no human children so I haven't delt with some of these problems.

1. Jack has had diarhea for about a week now but is acting fine
otherwise. The vet said to give him 1/2 tsp. of Imodium for 24-48 hours
and feed him plain boiled white rice with some strained chicken baby
food. I gave him the Imodium for 48 hours and finally saw some
improvement in his stool so I discontinued it last night. We continued
with the rice and added a small amount of his kibble this morning. This
mornings first stool started out pretty good but by the end it was soft
again. His second stool this morning was liquid. He had roundworm and
cocsidia when we brought him home but it cleared up with medication. His
last stool check was two weeks ago and it came out negative for worms.
We are feeding him Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy Formula which gave him no
problem for the first 3 weeks we had him. We started him in Puppy
Kindergarten 2 weeks ago and now we can't give him treats when he does
good as part of his training so we are afraid he will fall behind in his
training. Has anyone had a similar experience, what was the problem and
how was it cured?

2. Jack has started limping and favoring one of his back paws/leg. I
don't know if he hurt it but I did hear him scream yesterday morning
then he wouldn't put it down on the floor for a while. This morning he
is still favoring it and lifts it off the ground when he poops but he
will still run with a limp and put his front paws up on something which
puts all of his weight on his back legs. He will let me touch the entire
leg/paw with no complaints. Is he just being a baby or could there be
something more wrong. He should have good hips according to the breeder
and the vet said they seemed fine on his first puppy exam. Again, has
anyone had a similar experience, what was the problem and how was it
cured?

Any input would be appreciated. He is still active/mischievous, plays
with his "big sister" (9 yr old Lab) and has a good appetite.

Maria Mirti and Jumpin' Jack Flash
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ringwood, NJ