In a message dated 11/17/2002 1:14:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The packaging on my recently purchased tubes of KY Jelly say:
>  "This product is not a contraceptive and does not contain a spermacide."

My warning came from a Dr.Robt. Hutchison seminar I attended yesterday.  His
comment was that they've added a bacteriacide and that most things that kill
bacteria also kill sperm.  I think the packaging info is likely to prevent
them from being sued by someone saying that it didn't prevent a pregnancy.

Anyway, how many sperm have to be killed in what time frame to be classified
"spermicidal"?  I have no idea...but considering the fertility problems in
Bernese, I'm not take'n any chances if it's in conjunction with a breeding.

-Sherri V.