Hi everyone,

There were 2 ads in Sunday's Washington Post.

1)Bernese Mtn Dog-AKC, M & Fs, pups, top quality, shots and
wormed, beaut marked, $1800. Reserve for Xmas..301.831.5140

I called about these babies and here is the info I gleaned.

Male is BIG swiss import. She breeds for the larger size as
she prefers it to the US "standard" size. She likes the
dispositions of her male/female.
Both parents on premises. Both parents aged 4.5 years old.
Also breeds Berner/Newfy mixes with the male.
Welcome to come to the premises to view the pups/parents.
Will ask you to spay females but not make you and only has
limited registry..Doesn't want her babies to be bred.
NOT VwBrands tested.
Eyes are certified she said.
Does NOT X-ray hips of parents as no litter she produced
has had any problems so far.
No health problems at all in her sire/dam.
No contract.
She did have another male but he had health problems so she
sold him to a good home.
Last litter born had problems, something to do with calcium
levels. This is the first litter in a long time.

2) Bernese Mountain Dog-Pups, AKC, vet checked, nicely
marked, $1000. 276.889.5056

I did call this # but keep getting answer machine. I left a
message for the breeder to call me back. I'll keep you all
informed.

I hope this is useful or that I asked the right questions.

Berner slurps
Pippa Antonio, Col, Toby and Ulysses in DC