Dear Olivier,

Welcome to the Berner-L, and thank you for your request for information
on the breed, I hope we can help answer some of your questions!

The first question is the one I'd like to focus on, the heat and
humidity of Taiwan. Year round heat and humidity sounds like it would
negate the qualities that seem to have attracted you to the breed. I
don't know of very many Berners that enjoy going for any hikes or have
enough energy to be obedient in weather that is hot and humid year
round, with a very hot summer. I think it would be a shame to put a
Berner through that sort of weather. Some breeds are just not designed
to handle all weather conditions, and a breed that was developed for a
much cooler climate, a breed that adores playing in the snow as much as
this one, would probably be miserable in your climate. (I know I would
be!)

Good luck in your search for a breed, I'll bet people on this list might
have some other excellent ideas for a possible solution for you, but I'm
afraid that Berners would be terribly unhappy in a tropical climate.

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA