In a message dated 11/20/2002 10:11:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What does Limited Registration mean??

Hi Susie,

AKC Limited Registration means that were you to breed that dog or bitch, the
puppies couldn't be registered with AKC.  A dog or bitch with limited
registration also cannot be shown in AKC conformation (aka: breed)
competition.

But they CAN do do everything else; obedience, agility, tracking, draft,
therapy, foot warming, etc.

The reason breeders use the Limited Registration is to discourage random
breeding of pups after they're sold.  Responsible breeders select only those
dogs that best exemplify the breed standard, and have correct temperament,
and have a full set of health clearances/evaluations, to contribute to the
gene pool.

> My husband and I are PPOs and trying to learn as much as possible.

THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!   :-D

I know it's easier to just go with the flow than try to learn a foreign
language like dog-talk.  But you and the breed will both benefit from taking
the time to learn the ins and outs.

KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS!!!  I'm sure there are lots of people online who want
to know the same things, but are unsure about asking.

-Sherri Venditti (2 berners on limited registration and 1 on full)