I've got a problem I wasn't expecting. I have a wonderful 12 week old berner
girl named Sophie, and a 6 yr old non-berner male named Bart. When I brought
the puppy home, I was a little worried about Bart being jealous about having
to share my attention with a pup. In fact, quite the opposite is happening.
Bart is very good and accepting of the puppy, and I think he is happy to
have another dog in the house. Sophie is also very happy, and gets along
great with Bart, but when I pay attention to Bart, Sophie will stand and
bark at us, trying to get the attention. She is the one showing signs of
being jealous.

So far, all I have done is ignored Sophie while she is barking, and
continued giving my attention to Bart. Once the barking stops, then I start
giving her some attention, while still paying attention to Bart. Is there
anything else I should be doing? I'd like to curb this before it turns into
a big issue when she gets older.

Thanks,
...Mike