The following was sent to me by a Doberman friend:

The FAA is proposing new rules that could have the effect of forcing
airlines
to end the shipping of animals on their planes.

The AKC is requesting that all fanciers write or E-mail the FAA requesting
that the proposed regulations be changed to remove the provisions that are
of
great concern in the currently proposed regulations.  These proposed
regulations include: a requirement that all airlines report cause of death,
loss or injury to all warm and cold-blooded animals - including every
tropical fish that died en route to a pet store, labels us as "guardians" of
the animals we ship, rather than owners or consignors/consignees, and
requires the names and addresses of all owners of animals involved in an
"incident" to be made public, raising serious privacy concerns.

The responses must be received by the FAA by December 27.

The following is a link to the AKC website that provides more information.
http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=1613

Sue Sanvido