It seems like that wretched time of year again when there are quite a
few people having to say goodbye to their furry soul-mates.  It is with
tear-stained cheeks that I read each one of the tributes to the ones who
have gone, and I know that even if Toga were to shatter all records and
live to be 50, it will still be too soon to say goodbye to her.
Realistically, I know that at 5.5 years old, with autoimmune concerns,
we're halfway there at best.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has made and kept
that final promise to allow their dogs to go with "dignity" when the
time has come.  So often I have seen animals whose owners refuse to let
go and prolong the suffering of the pet for their own selfish needs.

I know I will be devastated when the time comes for Toga, but I have
promised her that I will override ever fiber of my being that wants to
keep her with me forever and I will do what is right and allow her to go
when she tells me it's time...  Cathy B... I know there're kangaroo,
horse and mountain goat in the woodpile... any chance of there being
tortoise too?  ;o)

Hoping for records, but preparing for reality,

Jessi and Toga (geez Mom, lighten up!)
Anchorage, AK