In a message dated 1/7/2003 4:34:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The very next day her bed smells really weird, there is clear discharge,
>  she starts humping everything and everybody in sight, and she smells
strange.

>  This is still going on (just under two weeks later). As new dog owners we
>  are not quite sure if she is in heat..... but there you go. If she is
>  (please someone let us know if she was/is or not)

Yes, it certainly sounds like Tatty's in the midst of her first heat cycle.

Are you familiar with the nature of a bitch's cycle?  It really is quite a
complex process and one you should be familiar with since you're going to
keep her intact for the time being.

If you have any questions, please ask...there are lots of folks out here with
experience or technical knowledge to share.

-Sherri Venditti