"...but no they got a pup out of a Pet Store. ARGGGGGGGG."

How timely, one of my best friends (of many years) just last night emailed
me a picture of her new pup, an American Eskimo they bought from a
petstore, & I've been thinking the same thing.  Everytime she mentioned
wanting a dog I told her about puppy mills, responsible breeder criteria,
rescues, health clearances, etc.

Now I know how so many parents feel when their kids run amok. . . "where
did I go wrong?"

And to add something Berner-related;  I would highly recommend to anyone
out there who is considering getting a Berner, go visit your local club.
We've been to about half a dozen shows, and had the good fortune to meet
some very nice people & dogs, but going to the Twin Cities BMD club meeting
was pure joy.  Literally about a ton of happy dogs running around, sitting
on your feet, leaning into you, rolling over to be pet - my husband & I
still occasionally talk about how much fun that was, and that meeting was a
few months ago :-)
Great people too - everyone was very nice & willing to introduce their
dog(s) and answer questions.  A big (and overdue) thank you to the members
of that club for making us feel so welcome!

Tami K-Baker
St. Paul, Minnesota