Hmmm...I'm not sure, but I interpreted this to mean a TOTAL of 10 hours per day (both
work time and sleep time totalling 10 hours of crate time). If this is so, it seems to
be a reasonable amount of time for a young pup to be crated, so other forces are at
work (or aren't at work!), I would imagine. With each of my dogs,it seemed that they
"got" housebreaking overnight...that is, they had lots of accidents and I felt totally
exasperated, then the lightbulb went off in their brains and they stopped having
accidents. Of course, housebreaking takes lots of effort and persistence, but at 5
months it could be that she's just on the verge of "getting it."
My personal goal was to accomplish housebreaking without cracking open a second gallon
of Nature's Miracle. With my Maddie (now 8 months), we just made it!
Hope it happens for you soon, Jeff!
Anne
Cranford, NJ
with Maddie and Titan