Pulling on the leash is one of my least favorite doggie habits (lunging is the
other.)  Here's a brilliant deterrent that doesn't need any special harness.
With a 6" soft leash make a 'suitcase.'   Lay the leash (still attached to the
collar ring) along the dog's spine and hold it in place just above where the
back legs meet the torso.  Reach around with your other hand and bring the leash
under the body and up under the leash where you're holding it at the spine.  The
leash will make a twist when it comes up under that point.  Presto!!!  a no-pull
harness.  When the dog pulls the leash will tighten around the loin and they'll
stop pulling.

This method was developed by a very wonderful British trainer; Sylvia Bishop.
If you ever get a chance to take a lesson from her, drop everything and go!
Just be prepared with your Kevlar vest,  she launches some sharp arrows at the
human team members.  Don't ask how I know this :-)

Marjie