In a message dated 3/5/2003 1:44:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dazyr writes:

> I see Petsmart has 2 products to neutralize a dogs urine, therefore preventing
> those awful yellow spots. One is a spray on the flood, and one is a tablet.
> Does anyone
> have any experience or opinion about these?
>                           Tailwags,
>                               Daisy, Chance, and introducing Maine's Joy To
> The World aka
>                                                 Oliver aka
> Oliie!

I tried one of those products...I think it was called Green-ums, last summer after
clearing it with my vet (he thought the ingredients were harmless). Did not do a
thing! I had a beautiful new lawn installed in June, by September it was full of
yellow burns.
I give up. This year we're taking suggestions for replacement lawn material...my
daughter is voting for a sand volleyball pit, my husband and son are thinking
Astroturf. Even my male dog pees a lake in the middle of the lawn, ignoring all the
conveniently placed trees perfect for his use!
Sigh...
Anne
Cranford, NJ

P.S. I understand the urine works like a "super" fertilizer would...burning out the
lawn where it is overapplied. If you can poor buckets of water immediately on a fresh
pee to dilute it, there is hope, I'm told. That gets old real fast, though...