In a message dated 03/05/2003 2:17:36 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Could anyone share their experience with acupuncture, positive or negative?

I used accupuncture with my old Rottie when her lumbo-sacral disease really
became a problem for her.  We began with once a week treatments and by 4
weeks moved to every other week and about 6 weeks later, just once a month.
It made a major difference in her comfort and mobility!  The day after a
treatment she was like a new dog, and I could tell a few days before our next
appointment that she was getting uncomfortable again.  Since the dog does not
have the knowledge to contribute to the "placebo effect" I have to believe
that it was truly helping maintain her comfort.

I would be very cautious with a partially torn cruciate as they very often
tear through completely and then definitely require surgical repair to
prevent serious permanent lameness.  Good luck to both of you!

Anne Copeland, Flash,TDI/CGC (Berner, 8 1/2 yrs.) & Gypsy TDI/CGC(Rescue
Cavalier,2 yrs.)
BMDCSEW Tracking Test Chair/Sec.
NE ILL       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ty's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/workingyorkie/ty.html