In a message dated 3/29/2003 9:51:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> First, it is not healthy for
>  the animal to go that long before being let out.  Can you go 9 hours at
work
>  without a bathroom break?  <snip>

> Nine hours is just too long for any dog to be left and confined and
>  expected to "hold it".  It is just not a question of bladder size.

While agree wholeheartedly about puppies not having to 'hold it' for long
periods of time, I have to disagree with Kay when it comes to adults.  While
they don't routinely have to, my adults can easily go 9 hours without
distress.  Matter of fact, my 11 year old girl routinely goes longer than
that during the summer when she doesn't want to leave the A.C....regardless
of the fact that I'm here to let her out any time she wants.  Even in good
weather, the only time she'll relieve herself in between her AM and PM
'constitutional' (12 hours apart) is during active exercise.

~ Sherri Venditti