When we first brought Steamboat home, Tugboat thought he was the coolest toy we'd ever brought him. They just played and played and played all the time. Now that they're older, however, they just don't play together very much. They're still very fond of each other - never a harsh word between them, no sulking, they snuggle a lot, and like each others' company, but they don't jump and run and wrestle and play like they used to. We can take them to the neighbors', and they'll play with Maggie the lab, but even over there, they each play with her, and not with each other.

Has anyone else noticed this with "sibling" dogs? Does anyone have any ideas of how to encourage them to play together?

Andie and Tugboat and Steamboat the bored
Wilmington, NC