My boy loves his # 4 soccer ball and can bat it around with his front paws
or pick it up with his mouth.  After some months though, it does start to
lose air.  We also have tried a giant tennis ball.  The only problem with it
was that it burned his lips if he ran after it and did not pick it up on the
first try.  As the ball rubbed over his mouth, it took the hide off his lip
because of the felt covering.  I would not be comfortable about letting the
dogs play with balloons.  Like any small child, I am afraid that the puppy
would end up trying to swallow the pieces and choke.   They both love to
play with their "blinking ball".  It is a small red rubber ball that has a
blinking light inside of it that comes on when the ball is moved.  The first
one still is working after over a year, just not quite as brightly as
before.  Neither of the kids has been able to chew it up.   Caddie is three
and still has plush toys from his puppy days, but Divot, who is 8 months, is
not so gentle on the toys.  She can unstuff those babies real quick.

Kay Sloate
Corpus Christi, Tx