Once again I am looking for some advice with regards to Tatty who has just discovered her prey drive big time. Yesterday a mouse - no problems with that one though she seems to think she is a cat playing with it and making it squeak! Today it was a bird..... which died in her mouth. Now we are happy to have her hunt mice, and would like to know is it possible to train her to know which things she can hunt and which she can't? Also showing my ignorance here is it safe for her to eat the things she catches (we did not let her either time)? There are a lot of birds nesting on the farm in the bushes and we don't want her to go after them particularly not before they are old enough to fly away. There are plenty of kites around so they are used to being prey but Tatty is a new predator!
any advice gladly taken, can't see how she has the energy in this heatwave....
Emma and Tatty in France (40°)
---