In a message dated 07/13/2003 3:08:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Also showing my  ignorance here is it safe for her to eat the things she
catches (we did not  let her either time)? >>

I would suggest NOT to allow her to eat her "catch" as wild things carry
parasites, both internal and external, that I would rather not have my dog get.
As for training her that some wild things are OK (mice YES, birds NO) and
others are not, that is asking a lot of discernment in a dog in the heat of the
chase.  I would think it best to either train not to go after things at all, or
just let her hunt at will.

Anne Copeland (Flash CGC, TDIA, 9 yrs. old, Berner; Gypsy CGC, TDI, 2 yrs.
old, Cavalier)
Northern Illinois   [EMAIL PROTECTED], Corr. Sec. BMDCA