After my post indicating that I'd heard of a link between vaccines, thyroid
dysfunction, and cruciate ruptures Rose asked for more information.  I
couldn't find my original source so e-mailed Jean Dodds and got the
following response:

"Dear Susan:  Cruciate rupture is associated in several breeds with thyroid
dysfunction (hypothyroidism/thyroiditis). When this problem is underlying,
the dog may be at increased risk for advewrse vaccine reactions -- so the
potential "link" is indirect.  Jean  [W. Jean Dodds, DVM]"

I still do not understand any cause and effect relationship, but having a
Bernergirl who has suffered all three I'll always be interested in the
subject.

Susan Kowitz, Mercedes, and Bentley
Sequim, WA