Hi,
I have had to deal with one hot spot. And what cleared it up without shaving the area is Listerine mouth wash (not the mint). I mixed with water at about 40/60 for the first day and then 50/50. i sprayed it on about 3 to 4 times a day. The weeping stopped the 2nd day. It healed fast and so far has not returned (I think it was from my dogs nylon collar he "was" wearing and it had gotten wet several times.

Sheila