I use a prong collar on my 130# berner-boy, Ian if we are going places that he might
lunge or pull my arm off! <g>  Normally he is good on a round leather collar and will
stay by my side.
I feel it is better than choking him on a choke collar which can do damage to his
throat area. He behaves better and it is a gentle pressure all around his neck area,
if used properly.
I once left the prong collar on him when I put him in his car crate and could not
understand why he would not get out when we got home. He had gotten it caught at the
far end of the crate and I had to crawl in with him to release it. Talk about a TIGHT
squeeze for both of us!!
But he forgave me.......... :-))

Carol Slider in NC