we have also used an audible noise. a whistle worked wonders here.
andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Nancy Melone
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:04 PM
To: Janice Parky; Berner List
Subject: RE: Counter surfing

Try an old fashioned water pistol (not the newer high powered ones).  We
used a spray bottle at first and found, as you did, that it was useless
(plus I wasn't fast enough to time it correctly).  We tried the water pistol
along with a deep vocalized sound that I use for "stop doing what you are
doing."  I could aim it better, so my timing improved and it was
considerably more effective -- go figure.  In the end though, I have found
that all of us had to change our ways -- including keeping mindful of where
we put food!!

Nancy Melone