On Monday morning about 2 a.m. my 2 year old berner, Kina,  woke me up by throwing
herself on top of me in the bed.  Then she let out a blood curdling whine that I have
never heard before.  I took her outside where she peed then laid down on the ground
and whined.  I threw her in the car and flew to the 24 hour emergency vet.  By 3 a.m.,
she was in emergency surgery for a twisted stomach.  After 4 hours of surgery, the
Doctor gave her the thumbs up with no further complications.  Her stomach never
bloated and the Doctor was surprised to see me get her in so quick.   There are so
many what ifs... What if she chose to lay in a corner instead of waking me up....what
if I chose to wait it out until morning....what if I didn't live 10 minutes from an
Emergency Vet Clinic with a Doctor on hand 24 hours a day.  It terrifies me that I
could have lost her in the matter of hours.  I can't wait to bring her home TODAY,
just a little over 24 hours after the surgery.  With so many tragedies, I wanted to
share the good results.  Don't forget to give your berners a GREAT BIG HUG!

Christine & Kina
Bensalem, Pa.