On 20/11/15 01:05, "thomas.mo...@orange.com" <thomas.mo...@orange.com> wrote:

>2015-11-20, Haoweiguo:
>> WH> ok now we have not discussed the constraints some HW vendors have
>> with respect to global VNIDs. To make this work all VNID/Labels need
>> to be globally unique. Hmmmmm
> > [weiguo2]:  In SDN scenario, a virtual
>> network normally is represented by a global VN ID or MPLS VPN Label
>> to simplify network management. I think it's not strange to allocate
>> global unique MPLS VPN Label or VN ID for a virtual network now.
>
>In an option C scenario you have to take into account what is done in
>the WAN. Globally-assigned labels are not an option there at all.

WH> Agreed. As I said before the proposal in the draft has too many
implications/restrictions in existing network deployments + requires a
dedicated data plane in ASBR devices, which we cannot reuse and will add a
continuous tax in SW/HW (add cost for nothing).
This is why I am against this draft and we should drive the industry to a
proper solution that does not have these implications.