Sami,

Please see zzh3> below. I’ve trimmed some text.

From: Sami Boutros [mailto:sbout...@vmware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 4:23 PM
To: Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang <zzh...@juniper.net>
Cc: bess@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [bess] FW: WG Last Call (including implem status & shepherd) for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-03

Hi Jeffrey,

Few comments inline next to Sami2:

Zzh2> Because RFC7432 is not clear about “remain tagged” (for example, see my
above questions), it would be good to spell out the details, not just “at least
one VID should be present”?

Sami2: Can you please suggest some text? Not sure what extra details needed?

Zzh3> Let me do more digging to confirm my understanding and see if I could
come up with some text.

Sami2: We can suggest to the authors of the idr BW draft adding the shaping
aspect.

Zzh3> The use case in draft-ietf-idr-link-bandwidth seems to be unrelated to
shaping at all, so it may be better to define it in this document to reduce the
dependency?

Zzh2> RFC7432 only says it’s withdrawn when a tag is “decommissioned”; if the
intention is to withdraw when the AC goes down, it should be explicitly spelled
out (it’s not in RFC 7432 but should be added to this draft if that’s the right
behavior). However, isn’t it better to keep those routes around so that they
don’t need to be re-advertised when the link comes back up?

Sami2: Sure, I will not need to add any text then, since we will not be
changing any behavior, no?

Zzh3> Given the following two facts:

- I had to do a search to be sure that RFC 7432 did not require the withdraw
when the ES goes down
- You for a moment thought that RFC 7432 required that

It would be better to explicitly call it out in this document. But this is just
a suggestion and it does not block the progress.

Thanks!
Jeffrey