Hi Eric,

On 4/30/18, 7:46 AM, "Eric C Rosen" <ero...@juniper.net> wrote:

    Let me add a couple of minor comments:

    - The draft should state the action to be taken when receiving a route
    that has more than one DF Election Extended Community.  I think the two
    possible options are "treat the route as if it did not have any DF
    Election Extended Community", and "treat-as-withdraw" (defined in RFC
    7606).

I think treating the route as if it didn't have any DF Election EC, would be
preferable IMO because its action is consistent with other scenarios where
there is ambiguity and no single DF type can be selected.

    - The draft should state the action to be taken when receiving a route
    whose DF Election Extended Community has more than one DF Type bit set.
    I think the procedures in the draft assume that at most one DF Type bit
    is set, and may not work properly if multiple DF Type bits are set.

The DF type is an 8-bit type, so there can be a single valid value. If you are
talking about capability bits, then there a PE can have as many of them set as
they can support.

Cheers,
Ali