Hi Jingrong,

Thanks for the comments. Please see my responses inline.

From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Xiejingrong
<xiejingr...@huawei.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 7:38 PM
To: "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>,
"draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-mvpn-seamless-inte...@ietf.org"
<draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-mvpn-seamless-inte...@ietf.org>
Subject: [bess] Comments on draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-mvpn-seamless-interop-01

Hi folks,
I have some comments on draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-mvpn-seamless-interop-01:

(1)    For section 9.2.2 where it stated “The MPLS label in the PMSI Tunnel
Attribute MUST be the Virtual Network Identifier (VNI) associated with the
customer MVPN.”,

I think the VNI need not being included in ‘MPLS Label’ field of PTA, because
every IP-VRF has a static configuration of the VNI value.

We need to have the VNI set properly in the PTA so that the upstream PE can
signal to downstream PEs what is the association of the multicast tunnel and
VPN instance.

(2)    Some terminologies are lacking, for example CO and SPDC. I think they
are different things, and authors can make clear about them.
Included them in the terminology section. If there are more, let me know.

(3)    Some references are lacking, for example [EVPN-IRB] in section 5, and
[EVPN-IRB-MCAST] in section 9.
Added them to section 14.

(4)    There are two nodes named ‘PE3’ repeatedly in Figure 1 and Figure 2.
Corrected them.

(5)    For section 7.1 where it use ‘Intra-subnet/Intra-ES’, I think the
‘Intra-subnet’ is confusing and conflicting with general concepts as used in
section 5.
I changed it from “Intra-subnet/Intra-ES” to only “Intra-ES”.

Thanks
Jingrong