There are also many companies using EVPN as the control plane.
It is important to find a “golden middle” where on one side we achieve
interoperability but on another don’t hinder the innovation in that, fast
growing space.
Data planes are a jungle and would not be standardized any time soon.
However - an abstraction on top would be very useful.

Regards,
Jeff