Hi all,
It seems that the  Ingress and Egress PEs in Section 3.2 "Symmetric IRB -
Procedures" are used inconsistently

-          In the control plane sections (3.2.1 and 3.2.2) Ingress PE is the PE
that locally learns a MAC/IP pair and advertises the relevant EVPN MAC/IP
Advertisement Route, while the Egress PE receives this route and installs it

-          In the data plane sections Ingress PE is the PE that receives an
Ethernet frame and handles it in accordance with the installed MAC/IP
Advertisement route (i.e., the egress PE from the control plane POV),, while
egress PE is the PE that receives an EVPN-encapsulated  packet and handles it
(i.e. the Ingress PE for the control plane POV).

May I suggest to use these notions consistently so that routes are distributed
from Egress PE to Ingress PE while traffic flows from Ingress PE to Egress PE?
From my POV, this would be aligned with the way these terms are used, say, in
RFC 4364 and RFC 7432.

Do I misunderstand something?

Regards,
Sasha

Office: +972-39266302
Cell:      +972-549266302
Email:   alexander.vainsht...@ecitele.com

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information
which is
CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received
this
transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then
delete the original
and all copies thereof.