Suresh,
Thanks for your review and your comments. Please refer to my replies below
marked with "AS>".

On 1/9/19, 8:03 PM, "Suresh Krishnan" <sur...@kaloom.com> wrote:

    Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05: No Objection

    introductory paragraph, however.)

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

    COMMENT:

    * Section 3.3 MAC Mobility

    The handling of MAC mobility between the EVPN and VPLS PEs seems a bit, for
    lack of a better term, "not seamless" to me. While only using EVPN a MAC
that
    has moved will get propagated out without *initiating* any sort of BUM
traffic
    itself as described Section 15 of RFC7432. If I understand this document
    correctly, if a MAC moves onto a segment with a VPLS PE, traffic towards it
    will be blackholed until it initiates BUM traffic which is not the case when
    the MAC moves between EVPN PEs. Did I get this right? If so, I think this
    limitation needs to be highlighted a bit more prominently.

  AS>  Section 3.3 describes two MAC move scenarios: move from EVPN PE to VPLS
PE (1st para) and move from VPLS PE to EVPN PE (2nd para). In the first
scenario, it says that if the moved MAC address doesn't initiate any BUM
traffic (it only initiates known unicast traffic), then there can be
black-holing for both EVPN and VPLS PEs. However, for the 2nd scenario, the
black-holing can happen only for VPLS PEs. To clarify this point further, I
added a sentence to each of the paragraph.
1st para: Such black-holing happens for traffic destined to the moved C-MAC
from both EVPN and VPLS PEs.
2nd para: Such black-holing happens for traffic destined to the moved C-MAC for
only VPLS PEs but not for EVPN PEs.

Cheers,
Ali