Hi all,

I find some conflicting rules about interface-to-VRF binding between RFC8529
and draft-ietf-bess-l2vpn-yang-09.txt.

Thanks Acee for reminding me to check the changes in the new version of these
documents.

And I update the original mail as below after the checking:

RULE1: [RFC8529] Section 3.2 says that:

The bind-network-instance-name leaf provides the association between an

   interface and its associated NI (e.g., VRF or VSI).

RULE2: [draft-ietf-bess-evpn-yang-07] Section 3.3 says that:

     augment

     /ni:network-instances/ni:network-instance/ni:ni-type/l2vpn:l2vpn:

       +--rw evpn-instance?   evpn-instance-ref

and [draft-ietf-bess-l2vpn-yang-09.txt] Section 3.6.3 says that:

   Each entry in the endpoint list, may hold AC, PW or redundancy-grp

   references.  The core aspect of endpoint container is its flexible

   personality based on what user decides to include in it.  It is

   future-proofed with possible extensions that can be included in the

   endpoint container such as Integrated Route Bridging (IRB), PW

   Headend, Virtual Switch Instance, etc.

According to the RULE1, The bind-network-instance-name leaf provides the
association between an interface and  its associated MAC-VRF or IP-VRF.

According to the RULE2, IRB/AC interface is associated to it's EVPN MAC-VRF via
the "end-point" entry.

So I have the follow two questions:

Question 1: How should I bind an AC to it's EVPN MAC-VRF according to these
drafts?

Question 2: How should I bind an IRB interface to it's EVPN MAC-VRF and EVPN
IP-VRF according to these drafts?

For Question 1, my understanding is as below:

I should follow the RULE2 to bind an AC to it's associated EVPN MAC-VRF.

The RULE1 doesn't work for L2VPN ACs,

because if the RULE1 is applied to the association between AC and its
associated MAC-VRF,

It should be applied to the association between IRB interface and its
associated MAC-VRF too.

But obviously the RULE1 should be applied to the association between IRB
interface and its associated IP-VRF.

Consequently, for Question 2, my understanding is as below:

I should follow the RULE1 to bind an IRB to it's associated EVPN IP-VRF.

I should follow the RULE2 to bind an IRB to it's associated EVPN MAC-VRF.

Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,

Bob

The Oringinal Mail

发件人:AceeLindem(acee) <a...@cisco.com>
收件人:wang.yub...@zte.com.cn;bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>;hs...@ciena.com
<hs...@ciena.com>;Patrice Brissette(pbrisset)
<pbris...@cisco.com>;ichen.i...@outlook.com
<ichen.i...@outlook.com>;ihuss...@infinera.com
<ihuss...@infinera.com>;kisho...@juniper.net
<kisho...@juniper.net>;lber...@labn.net <lber...@labn.net>;cho...@chopps.org
<cho...@chopps.org>;ivand...@gmail.com
<ivand...@gmail.com>;xufeng_...@jabil.com
<xufeng_...@jabil.com>;ing-wher_c...@jabil.com
<ing-wher_c...@jabil.com>;jorge.raba...@nokia.com <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>;Ali
Sajassi (sajassi) <saja...@cisco.com>;
日 期 :2019年04月23日 23:53
主 题 :Re: [BESS] Conflicting rules among the Yang models on the
associationbetween IRB/AC interface and IP-VRF/MAC-VRF instance.

Bob,

between IRB/AC interface and IP-VRF/MAC-VRF instance.

Hi all,

I find some conflicting rules about interface-to-VRF binding between
draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-12 and draft-ietf-bess-l2vpn-yang-09.txt.

Not that the NI model has been published as RFC 8529.

Thanks,

Acee

It is as below:

RULE1: [NI-model] Section 3.2 says that:

The bind-network-instance-name leaf provides the association between an

   interface and its associated NI (e.g., VRF or VSI).

RULE2: [draft-ietf-bess-evpn-yang-06] Section 3.3 says that: