From: Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang <zzh...@juniper.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 10:54 AM
To: UTTARO, JAMES <ju1...@att.com>; Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com>; BESS
<bess@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [bess] VXLAN EVPN fabric extension to Hypervisor VM

EVPN/VLXAN uses Local Bias method for MH split horizon, which is specified in
RFC 8365.

Extending EVPN to servers don’t require new IETF standards – the servers just
need to support existing relevant standards. Having said that, with many
servers in the underlay, routing in the underlay needs to be able to scale
well. For that you can run BGP in the underlay (RFC 7938), or RIFT
(draft-ietf-rift-rift), or LSVR (draft-ietf-lsvr-bgp-spf).

Jeffrey